a) Why Sonshine Childcare Centre
- Sonshine provides a place for children to establish beautiful friendships with one another, form loving relationships with their teachers and develop a sense of belonging. It is a home away from home, where children can learn and grow in a secure and nurturing environment. With an emphasis on timeless character-building values and virtues, curriculum opportunities for active play and robust parental partnerships, we ensure a well-rounded education for every child.
b) Visiting Sonshine
- One way to gain a true sense of the Sonshine experience is to visit our Centre. We welcome you and offer several opportunities for visitors to see the school in action.
- Open House for Families
- An Open House is an event where both prospective students and parents can familiarize themselves with Sonshine. You will have the chance to connect with our students, teachers and administration. Parents attend curriculum and student-life information sessions while students participate in hands-on classroom activities. Families take away a full sense of the scope and sequence of our program.
- Please refer to Centre calendar for details of next Open House.
- Centre Tour for Parents
- Prospective parents are welcome to participate in a Centre tour. These visits give you a chance to primarily observe classes and see the Centre on a typical day.
- Feel free to contact us to arrange for a visit
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 6565 0844
c) Application Process
- Registration of Interest can be done throughout the year from Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30pm when the Centre is in operation (please refer to Centre calendar for days of closure)
- If there is no immediate vacancy, your child may have to be placed on the waiting list.
- The Centre will inform you once there is a vacancy. Note that enrolment is on a first-come-first-served basis and can be done as long as the child has a birth certificate. On the date of enrolment, the parent/guardian is required to submit the following documents for enrolment of his/her child as student of the child care Centre:
- 1) ECDA Form 1 (Application for Admission to Child Care Centre)
- 2) SCC Child Enrolment Form
- 3) Letter of employment confirming the employment status and designation of mother or single father (please declare number of working hours per month)
- 4) One copy of both parents’ NRIC – front and back
- 5) One copy of child’s birth certificate, passport re-entry permit (applicable for PR)
- 6) Photos – Child, both parents and those authorised to fetch the child
- 7) Child’s Medical Book
- a. Child’s birth record and particulars (pages 3 & 4)
- b. Immunisation records (pages 57 & 58)
- 8) Medical report certifying child’s fitness for childcare programme
- On acceptance of child’s enrolment, the parents/guardians are required to pay the following immediately:
- – Non-refundable registration fee of S$30.00 per child.
- – Deposit equivalent to one month’s programme fee (before subsidy),
- – Programme fee for the first month,
- – Letter of employment confirming employment status and designation of mother or single father (please declare number of working hours per month)
- – School uniforms.
- – Mattress covers
- The parent/guardian will be given a Handbook and he/she is requested to read and understand the contents of the Handbook. His/Her completion and signature on the Enrolment Form represents his/her agreement to comply with and to observe the terms and conditions as stipulated in the Handbook.
d) Registration Forms
- When the student vacancy is filled, the rest of the applicants will be placed in the Waiting List. When a vacancy arises, the first applicant’s name in the Waiting List will be invited to complete the admission procedures.
- To be added onto the Waitlist, please complete following form and click “Submit”
- – Parent/Guardian details
(Name, email, telephone, citizenship, how did you know about us)
- Child/Ward’s details
(Name, DOB, citizenship, level enrolled for, desired date of commencement, etc.)
- – Parent/Guardian details
f) School Fees
Levels Full Day or
School Fee Before
ECDA Basic Subsidy
ECDA Basic Subsidy*
PG Full Day $760 $300 $460 Half Day $470 $150 $320 N1 Full Day $740 $300 $440 Half Day $470 $150 $320 N2/K1/K2 Full Day $710 $300 $410 Half Day $470 $150 $320
Note: ECDA Basic Subsidy only applies for students who are Singaporean Citizens or Permanent Residents
- To qualify for Full Day Basic Subsidy of $300, all requirements as follows must be fulfilled:
- Child must be a Singapore Citizen; and
- Mother is working at least 56 hours a month
- To qualify for Half Day Basic Subsidy of $150, child must be a Singapore Citizen
g) Other Fees
Type Fee Remarks Registration $30 Deposit Refer to Remarks
Deposit payable is equivalent to the monthly school fee.
Deposit is refundable upon giving 1 month’s notice of child’s withdrawal from the centre.
Insurance $4 No additional payment needed. Included in the school fees. Uniforms & Outdoor Attire $20/set Mattress Cover $7/set 1st mattress cover is free upon enrolment